16 May Engineering Project Director
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple first-of-a-kind projects, projects at different scales, projects utilizing different technology embodiments
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, technical documents, progress reports, progress presentations, and other project documentation
- Develop key partner networks for manufacturing, fabrication, construction
- Build small team to execute on, manage, and expand GTs execution on projects
- Interface with R&D team to understand improvement vectors and develop systems to integrate R&D improvements and learnings into capital designs and projects
- Lead effort in the design of first of a kind, climate scale DAC plant
- Interface with external counterparts under the general direction of the Chief Technology Officer.
- Responsible for ensuring strict adherence to all Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) Procedures and protocols related to laboratory, pilot plant, and operating equipment.
- Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Organization -Works and stores information in an organized manner
- Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests
- Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity
- BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in engineering project management in oil & gas, chemical, petrochemical, industrial gas, carbon capture, renewable energy or related industry.
- Demonstrated track record in management of design, fabrication, construction activities for all relevant trades (process, mechanical, electrical, civil, structural, controls)
- Expert multi-tasker, able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent interpersonal, teaming and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong project management, budgeting, scheduling, and follow up skills to ensure successful achievement of project goals and objectives.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be a self-starter with demonstrated teamwork experience working in a diverse technical setting.
- Language Ability:
- Able to read, analyze, and interpret scientific reports, technical journals, and similar documents. Able to effectively communicate to technical management
- Mathematical Ability:
- Apply concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Apply operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, test reliability/validity, variance analysis, correlation technique, sampling theory, and factor analysis
- Reasoning Ability:
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Computer Skills:
- Competence in MS Office required
- Certificates and Licenses:
- This job will begin with one direct report.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office and in the warehouse to collaborate with peers and colleagues and inspect and observe ongoing testing and research
- Regularly operates a computer and other office/laboratory equipment
- The person in this position frequently communicates with colleagues and peers about ongoing work and activities. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
- Must be able to detect and decipher information from close range
- $140,000-170,000. This is a FSLA Exempt Position.
- Company Paid Medical, Vision/Dental Care Plan, Basic Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan Option, and Paid Time Off. This position may be eligible for relocation expense reimbursement.
Global Thermostat uses E-Verify to validate an employee’s work authorization status. The verification process is performed in accordance with the E-Verify Memorandum of Understanding.
Global Thermostat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of the individual’s actual or perceived disability, protected veteran status, race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, domestic violence victim status, or any other actual or perceived status protected by law.